Sonntag, 8. April 2007

The wrong clothes?






In this month's Spotlight issue I have read an short article which infuriated me. It is all about a club in Manchester which doesn't allow customers in if they wear:

a) striped shirts

b) heavily branded clothes (the company's brand is visible on the clothes)

c) checked shirts
d) trainers and sportswear
e) caps
f) big jewellery
and finally g) male boots
What can I say about it? Only that I am still enraged. What has happened with the freedom we are supposed to enjoy in a democratic country? Will this lead to people being denied entry in a supermarket because they have short hair or big ears. I know this sounds far-fetched, but it could happen if clubs like this one expand.
Surely, there are occasions, like funerals or weddings, were there is a dress code, but there most certainly shouldn't be one in a club, where people go to unwind. I'm of the opinion that as long as it is not one of the occasions above mentioned, people should dress like they feel up to.
Or, even better, why not come stark naked in such a club if almost any other clothes or accessoire is a no-go. Your purse would certainly thank you.

Keine Kommentare: