Mittwoch, 11. April 2007

the American in Croatia

The more I read, the less I understand Fred, the Afro-American guy in Croatia.


I mean, his Croatian is scandalously bad (he does do everything that is in his power to improve it), he is broke skint, indebted and still he decided to move to Croatia.


For me he exemplifies a person who has run away from problems. Instead of confronting them heads-on, he burried his head in sand, well, better to say, in a plane and fled to Croatia, believing in the saying-Out of sight, out of mind.
Unfortunately, this is not the way the world goes. Now, finally on Croatian ground he feels isolated and as unhappy as ever. I saw it coming.
Please, if you have any unsolved problems, don't go away to another part of the world in an attempt to escape. It just won't go. Take the plunge and confront them.
p.s. There is a collocation ( I suppose he concocted it) which is funny and can be found on his blog:
be as smart as a minute is long




Keine Kommentare: