Mittwoch, 4. April 2007

nerd's eye view


In March 2005 Pam flew back to Seattle (picture on the right) and to the pulralistic society of which she adores so much.


As I know laughably little about Seattle, I surfed the Internet in order to inform myself. These are the addresses which opened my eyes about this city:
Apart from trying to find out as much as possible about Seattle, I was pondering an issue Mandel touched upon namely the question if she should buy clothes produced in America and not those manufactured in India or Taiwan.
It is ,as usual, a question of money as much as a question of ethics. Except if you have untold riches, you are on the look-out for clothes which have a reasonable price and they, sadly but true, come from India or Taiwan.
The way I see it, despite the wish of some individuals not to buy clothes which was produced in sweatshops, most of the population will continue to do it as they barely live above the breadline. Any other way of regarding this issue is ,as many would agree, just wishful thinking.


Keine Kommentare: