Donnerstag, 26. April 2007

listening


This Monday evening I was bored to death at home, so I decided to do something good for my listening skills and headed to the Royal English Cinema to watch the film "Notes on a Scandal."

Like numerous times before, the cinema was almost empty, but this made me relish the film even more as there were no people chit-chatting.

In hindsight, I must say that this film with a superlative storyline and three amazing actors (Dame Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett and Bill Nighy) who do the story justice is the best I've seen in some time.


"Notes on a Scandal" is premeated with a sensationally tense atmosphere showing the viewers the deeply disturbing faces of the human nature namely the desperate things loneliness and social envy will drive us to do.
The film takes a chilly and dim view on humanity, but such films are the ones which depict the real world and not the chick flicks with a happy ending.


All in all, I would highly recommend this film to anyone who wishes to listen to English how it is spoken on the street and watch a riveting portrayal of the lenghts to which a friendless person in pursuit of happiness would go.

To read the summary of the plot, visit:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465551/plotsummary




Keine Kommentare: