Mittwoch, 18. April 2007

life with a French man


It is summer of the year 2006 and Kim's children went camping.

It was instructive to read about the camping like it is practiced today. What I want to say is that before reading Kim's blog, I had that idyllic picture of camping burnt in my brain.
Camping used to be for me something that:

a) is practiced in a remote, appealling place in the countryside
b) cuts you out from all civilization and helps you get back to your roots

How wrong had I been. Camping today is, in fact, a very high-tech affair. Camps are brimful of computers and all the other devices, so that the children don't get so much in touch with nature anymore. What a pitty!

Oh, and there is also boatmail in some camps, where all the post you have for your child/children will be delivered to him/her/them by a boat.

Kim was also talking afresh about the problems with her ex-husband. This time it was about child support, to be more precise the ex-husband not paying it on time.

As the system of child support is a single catastrophe in Croatia (basically if the ex-husband says he doesn't have money, the state leaves him alone), I wanted to inform myself about the situation in America. It cannot be worse than in my home country, or can it?

Here is where you can find out more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_support_in_the_United_States


Keine Kommentare: