Mittwoch, 11. April 2007

personal finance-part 3



Pat wants to transfer money to her son's bank account in France.

Pat: What about bank charges at your end, Chris?


Chris: Well, there shouldn't be any. As long as you have my international account number and the sort code, it should go straight through.


Pat:But I haven't got those.


Chris: I've got them, Mum. I'll e-mail them to you.


Pat: Well, they said here there'd be no commission.

Chris: There won't be, Mum. Oh, yeah. I've checked the rate. It's 1.46 to the pound.

Pat: 1.46. I told you. The pound's getting stronger.

Chris: Tell me, how did you find out about these people in the first place?

Pat: Doesn't matter just now. They said it'll take five working days to clear.

Chris: Look, Mum, I'll speak to you next week. OK?

Pat: Let me know when the money comes through, Christopher.

Chris: Will do. Bye, Mum.

Explanations:

sort or sorting code- an official number used to refer to a particular bank

commission-charge for the transaction of money

clear- If a bank clears money, it allows the transaction to be processed

will do- is short for "Yes, I will do that."

Keine Kommentare: