Mittwoch, 11. April 2007

listening

Some time ago I was reading Georg's blog and saw an entry which intrigued me. In it he transcribed one of his favourite songs as a means of listening practice.


Being a music lover, I just knew this was the very thing for me to do.







So, the next step I took was taking my Joss Stone CD (the girl is great; listen to a song of hers' when you have time) and putting it into my CD-player.


In next to no time I was under the spell of her fabulous voice and the addictive melodies. I had to punch myslef, so I would be able to concentrate on the matter on hand-choose a song and try to transcribe it without fail.


As I imagined it was very hard to do it, but with a few mistakes here and there I finally managed it. Here are the lyrics of the song "Right to be wrong":






I've got a right to be wrong





My mistakes will make me strong





I'm stepping out into the great unkown





I'm feeling wings though I've never flown





I've got a mind of my own




I'm flesh and blood to the bone




I'm not made of stone




Got a right to be wrong




So just leave me alone




I've got a right to be wrong




I've been held down too long




I've got to breake free




So I can finally breathe




I've got a right ot be wrong




Got to sing my own song




I might be singing out of key




But it sure feels good to me




Got a right to be wrong




So just leave me alone




You're entitled to your opinion




But it's really my decision




I can't turn back, I'm on a mission




If you care don't you dare blur my vision




Let me be all that I can be




Don't smother me with negativity




Whatever's out there waiting for me




I'm going to face it willingly








All in all, listening carefully and transcribing music was a very informative experience. Not only did I realise that listening to music is a great means of practice, but I also came to the conclusion that one can work on his pronunciation and vocabulary while listening.

You just must try it. Another way of learning English that is great fun. Girls, after all, just wanna have fun.











Keine Kommentare: