Montag, 23. April 2007

life with a French man


It is winter again and for Kim it is a winter which brings a wind of change with it. Not only is she living in a fabulous new house and driving a stylish new car, but she has also her own hairdresser's business now.

As life is all about swings and roundabouts, although she has gained so many new material things, she feels she has lost time for herself. There is her eight am to nine pm job, the kids, Thomas (who has to be
picked up from Montreal each week), and there is the day which only has so many hours.

Aren't you also sometimes conscious of having so many material possessions, but not having time to enjoy them properly. I mean it seems so paradoxical to me that although nowadays we live and work in this high-tech world, we are working our ass off more than we used to.

I guess the only solution is to steal time from your "working time" whenever a possibility crops up. I did exactly that during my Easter break when I visited a tourist destination not far from where I live (it is called Rabac BTW) and where this picture was made:
Thomas, on the other hand, contemplated about his arrival to Canada in 2004 and how it has moulded him. He says that he is just starting to understand the Canadian and American culture (Kim is from America) and adapting to it. Moreover, while he does miss so much about France, he has gained so much from moving that has made him a "new" man.

What he said about moving to Canada is analogous to how I feel about moving to Austria. I do often pine for my mum and my grandparents, but nothing can compare to what I've been able to take in life experience and knowledge from my stay in Graz so far.

Keine Kommentare: