Samstag, 31. März 2007

reading




This week I came across a text that convulsed me. It is about a young couple, who married in October 2006. You might think, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.


Still, they aren't a husband and wife like any other. He, Ty, was in Iraq when a car-bomb disfigured him beyond recognition. His face is completely mutilated, he has no ears... Unfortunately, he looks as if he has a leading role in a horror film.


Certainly, looking like that, many a woman would have left him, but not his wife Renee. She says that everything about him is the same and that she fell in love with his heart, not his physical description. Although they have their regular up and downs, they are adamant to make the best out of their marriage.


After reading this unbelivable story about the fact that love conquers it all, I contemplated what I would do if I were in Renee's shoes. In the end, I realised that I wouldn't be able to remain Ty's wife. This may sound very cruel of me, but this is just the way I feel. I'm well aware that you are supposed to love someone's soul and not someone's body, but all the same I don't know if I could. I would, most probably, feel that I deserve something else (not to say better), and the realisation about my belief made me sob my heart out.


Marie Claire really featured this time a story that makes one wonder about one's priorities in life. It would very much interest me what you think about it.


If you happen to wish to know more about Marie Claire, visit www.marieclaire.co.uk

Keine Kommentare: