Sonntag, 11. März 2007

the other book

After giving it some careful thought (mainly by reading reviews on amazon.com) I've decided to read "A Year in Provence" by Peter Mayle as my second book on expat life.

This is mainly because, as Lisa said, Mayle is the godfather of travel writing, but also as most of the critics described the book as funny, full of deliciously descriptive sentences and as a casual armchair travel book. On the other hand, it promises to be quite different from "Jaywalking with the Irish" in that Mayle doesn't reveal much personal stuff and the book is thought to be superficial. I've ordered it per Amazon and should receive it on Monday, so when I start reading, I'll be able to tell you more about it.

By the way, the picture you can admire in the top left corner is a picture of a corn field in Provence. I have the picture from this blog - http://suzi-richer.blogspot.com (it features a lot of pictures and experiences of a girl who was in Provence in 2006 as part of her PhD)

Keine Kommentare: