Montag, 14. Mai 2007

nerd's eye view

As Mandel is both a nature and cycling enthusiast, in the posts I've read from her last she wrote about the Iron Horse Trail and the Rattlesnake lake.

The Iron Horse Trail (picture above) is located in Pennsylvania and it has two sections with some moderate climbs which require you to wear quality hiking boots while admiring the magnificient countryside on foot or by bicycle.

Rattlesnake lake is a lake in Washington located in the Rattlesnake Mountain Scenic Area which is a mountain ridge crisscrossed with numerous foot paths.

Anyway, let me tell you now something about a topic which is cl
ose to my heart, but has nothing to do whatsoever with countryside. What I wish to talk about is something Mandel many a time writes about in her posts namely about my all-time favourite food-fish. Actually, to be more precise, about the rewards of fish being part of your daily diet.

First and foremost, fish together with other seafoods provides over a billion of people around the globe with animal protein. What's more, especially saltwater fish is high in Omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to a healthy heart, so a fish diet is highly recommendable to anyone.

Because of all the above mentioned, consuming fish is top of the agenda for me whenever I'm home as we have it on tap there. However, when I'm in Graz, my fish intake is much lower than it should be as I always make a song and dance about the fish sold in Austria. Somehow it doesn't taste like "genuine" fish to me although its taste is far from being bland.
I guess, that's the story of my life.

Sources:

http://www.visitpa.com/visitpa/details.pa?id=59713

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattlesnake_Ridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_%28food%29

Keine Kommentare: