Samstag, 12. Mai 2007

driving over lemons


Finally I've managed to get my hands on the book "Driving over lemons" by the one-time drummer of Genesis Chris Stewart.

Before immersing myself in the book, I went to check what my trusted friends, reviewers at amazon.com, said the advantages and drawbacks of this book were.

Once on the site, I immediately noticed that the positive reviews outnumber the negative ones. Many readers hold the account of Stewart's life at the El Valero farm in Las Alpujarras, south of Granda, to be entertaining and an eye-opener. What's more, the characters are thought to be credible and the book an easy yet pleasurable read.

On the flip side, the minority of readers think that the book is too detached and at times even mind-numbing and that Stewart didn't dedicate enough pages of the book to the colourful portrays of the locals.

Despite the negative reviews, I hold that this book bodes well and the only thing that is left for me to do now is to start reading and commenting on it.

Keine Kommentare: