Montag, 7. Mai 2007

the American in Croatia


In the posts from Fred's blog I've read last he announces that he intends to go back home to the USA as his relationship has been reduced to a pile of broken glass, he is lonesome and without a steady job and accordingly worn out.

I find this decision of his the best he could have ever taken as there is little point in staying in a place were you feel dispirited. Giving up, contrary to the belief of most people nowadays, isn't cowardly. It is just the result of the realisation that you cannot deal with a situation anymore and need to turn a new leaf. We should all from time to time abandon something if this thing depredates us of our power.

Finally, I would like to say that reading Fred's blog was very instructive for me as I could examine my home country through his eyes.

Now, I'm searching for a new expat blog to read and as soon as I find it, you'll be the first ones to be informed.

Stay tuned!

Keine Kommentare: